The outstanding tasks from my samuraiwriter Google Profile post of a few months back finally got some attention.
Although it’s still a work in progress I’m happy with the updated version for these reasons:
- People googling for me as ‘samuraiwriter’ will get some useful info in the ‘About Me’ section.
- My Twitter Feed is easily seen under the ‘Buzz’ tab. (I’m still in two minds about Google’s new Buzz thingymajig… just trialing it out. 2016-12 update: alas, poor Buzz, it is no more.)
- Samuraiwriter’s Flickr photos display prominently at the top of the profile. (Is that a good or a bad thing? I’m assuming it helps show who and what I am – though probably video would be even more effective.)
- Visitors interested in knowing more can also click on links to my blogs, twitter page, LinkedIn page and FaceBook ‘Fan’ page. (I’m not planning to open up my private FaceBook page to all comers at this stage. The separation between personal and professional seems clearly marked with FaceBook – especially for a mainly b2b technology marketing copywriter.)
Here’s a photo of the revised Google profile page which is presently showing at #8 on page 1 of the Google page for the search term ‘samuraiwriter’. Interestingly, it’s nowhere in the first twenty pages for the term, ‘mark mcclure’.
All constructive opinions welcome on this profile.
Can you work out what I do and who I do it for?
Is there anything you would add, edit or delete?
– Mark ‘samuraiwriter’ McClure
Freelance Technology Marketing Copywriter